- read emails and cleaned the email box.
- re-communicated with venders by phone because my emails were unclear ;( Note to self: work on written communication
- The flyers arrived!! and are these beautiful. Megan did a great job. Thank you Megan.
- Planned and executed a huge shopping trip for store decorations. We went to: bank, library, Walmart, Dollar Tree, Aldi, Orschelns, and Price Chopper.
- The photo attached is our haul. Only the library and Price Chopper were personal items. Yes, even the Aldi stop was for the store. We bought a large kitchen rubber rub for Jordan’s melt station and a set of remote control, battery powered candles for our tree.
- started the morning, vacuuming the lobby. An incident with a three hole punch made the lobby look as if it had snowed.
- brain stormed, brain stormed, and looked at Pinterest some more. Megan and I are trying to decide how to decorated the store tree we’ll set up for the hall of trees display. Deadline 11/21!!
- Megan ordered a few strange items we couldn’t put on our shopping list for tomorrow. So I ask you, gentle reader, is this a photo of my brain after all those thoughts and storms rolled through or plastic chain that will part of our props? What will we do with plastic chain? You’ll have to drop by the Hall of Waters, Hall of Trees display and find out for yourself.
- Assessed the damage a deer caused the back rear quarter panel of my vehicle. Small dent, antler scratch & a cracked back tail light.
- balanced the store check register and paid a few bills.
- adjusted the sales tax and payroll tax ledgers
- discovered that bamboo paper towels (we purchase our from grove collaborative) do pick up more liquid than regular paper towels. “How do I know? you ask.” I moved a pop can from the design desk to help two customers and dropped it! I missed the keyboard and the mouse but created a large puddle. Thus, bamboo to the rescue.
- decided which of the Downtown Excelsior Springs events match our branding. We’re participating in the Downtown Holiday open houses & the Hall of trees.
- receive the estimate for the Christmas flyers. Have given the flyers a go ahead.
- dusted the showroom & emptied the trash cans
- worked more on our workflow software.
- appraised a completed custom ring. It’s so beautiful.
- check the email – acted and emptied.
- helped with a FB live post
- decided on the paper weight of our Christmas flyer and requested an estimate.
- prepared an estimate for custom work & contacted the customer
- submitted a photo charm. The charm was a sterling silver paw print with a photo of a beautiful black & white cat.
- Put stickers on our new shopping bags
- Balanced the store check register
- Prepared an out of state repair for shipping
- Tracked down a customer’s watch repair. We had assisted an elderly couple with a repair of a watch brand that we don’t carry. The couple didn’t have internet so I have been following the repair process and calling them with updates.
- Paid bills
- Sampled paper for our Christmas flyers.
answered an email order request, changed two ink cartridges in the printer (staining my index fingernail blue) rearranged the watch display case, called the newspapers to get a count for inserting the Christmas flyers in the Black Friday editions (we’ll need 12,000 flyers), left the flyer count with the printer, and loaded the breakroom dishwasher.
helped Megan with our Christmas sale flyer, balanced the check register, checked in several shipments and entered invoices. I’ve had the space heater going today; it is getting colder.
started my morning chasing chickens, cleared my inbox of email, and worked for two hours on setting up our workflow software. There was a steady flow of customers picking up their repaired jewelry.